What is a pre-authorization?
All reservations must be guaranteed by a valid credit card at time of booking to adhere to proper card acceptance and validation norms defined by credit card associations.
Hotels reserve the right to either charge or pre-authorize the provided credit cards up to the full reservation amount at point of reservation to check the validity.
A pre-authorization is a temporary hold of a specific chosen amount that is provided upon booking.
So it will temporarily reduce one's credit card limit.
The pre-authorized amount will drop off typically after 7 days.
But be ware: it is NOT a transaction charge and will not be reflected in one's credit card statement.
How to do and release a pre-authorization in ManCloud with Stripe?
- Go down to the 'administration'-part
- There you see an overview of the added credit cards in the section: 'credit-cards'
- Klik on the 'V' sign
- Check the 'pre-authorization'- box
- Fill in the amount
- Choose the right credit-card
- There will follow a control-pop-up-screen
- Now you will see:
- A green "v"-sign between the method and the green-circle-sign with a small white "v".
- Under 'payed' you see in light grey the amount that is authorized
- When you put your pointer on the green circle sign with a small white "v": you will see the details
How to release a pre-authorization?
- If you want to have more information: click on the 'open stripe dashboard'-button
- Go to your payments (left menu)
- To have a clear view in those payments:
- click on 'the filter'-button
- Choose the 'captured'-option
- Click on 'has not been captured'
- Click on done
- You see an overview of all the pre-autorisate paymens : Click on the pre-authorization that you want to manage
- You see:
- The amount
- The status of the authorization:
- not yet caputered
- Stripe risk-evalution
- If you want to release the money:
- Click on the 3 little buttons on the right of the payment lign: "refund charge"
- click on 'release'- button in the detailed-view of the payment
- Choose the reason why you release the payment and click on the 'release'-button
- Now you see that the status of the payment is changed to 'released'